BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read and make sure you understand the terms and conditions of your booking.
A contract between you and the Viking Centre Committee will commence when payment is received and your booking is confirmed.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms and conditions of your booking as set out below.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions may lead to the termination of your booking.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact Susannah Boulton on: 07903 584114
All bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- A non-refundable deposit of £50 is payable when you make your booking. If your booking is made less than 4 weeks before your arrival date, the total amount must be paid in full.
- The balance must be paid in full no later than 4 weeks before your arrival. If the balance is not received by the due date, your booking will be treated as a cancellation and your deposit will be forfeit.
- If you cancel your booking, your deposit will be forfeit.
- If the Viking Centre needs to cancel your booking due to circumstances beyond our control, you will be given notification as soon as possible and all payments will be refunded.
- The maximum number of persons staying at the Viking Centre overnight must not exceed 20. Occupation by additional guests must be approved in advance. We reserve the right to terminate the booking, without notice and without refund, if this condition is breached.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age.
- The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- A member of the Viking Centre Committee or our representatives, reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Bookings begin at 4 p.m. on the date of arrival and guests are required to leave by 10 a.m. on the day of departure. Extension of arrival and departure times may be possible but must be agreed in advance with the booking secretary. Extensions will be charged at the current daily/hourly rate).
- Vaping or smoking inside the property is not permitted and will result in termination of the booking and forfeiture of all payments.
- 2 well-behaved pets are permitted. An additional charge of £15 will be made per stay. Owners must pick up, remove and clean all mess from the premises and ensure their pet does not access the dormitories or sit on the furniture. The pet owner will be charged for any damage or additional cleaning caused by their pet.
- Damage and breakages. If you notice that something is missing or damaged during your stay, please notify us immediately. If you cause any damage or breakages during your stay, please report them before checkout.
- In making a booking, you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, a member of your party or pets and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss we may incur as a result.
- Please take off muddy shoes/boots before entering the property. Boot trays are provided.
- If you move the furniture around, please ensure it is returned to its original position before departure.
- Please lock all doors and close all windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Ensure you switch off all lights and electrical appliances when you go out. Please do not disconnect the wi-fi.
- Please ensure you leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. The owner reserves the right to make a charge for additional cleaning if the property is left in an unacceptable condition.
- The client may not re-let or sublet the property.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment or appliance at the property.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of water, wi-fi connection or electricity at the property.
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of, or damage to, any personal items belonging to guests.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision. Ensure children do not stand or bounce on the bunk beds.
- Please park your vehicles in the designated car park (the fenced area next to the property).
- Please respect the community and keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11 p.m. and 8 a.m. We reserve the right to terminate a booking without compensation when the unreasonable behaviour of a guest/guests impairs the enjoyment, comfort or health of others. The Viking Centre is not a suitable venue for noisy hen or stag parties.
- Barbecue – Please clean the barbecue, racks and utensils after use. Place the ash in the metal bucket provided. Ensure children are fully supervised around the barbecue area.
- The use of candles is not permitted.
- Check-out is at 10 a.m. On check-out, we remind guests that it is their responsibility to replace furniture, empty bins, wash dishes, wipe surfaces and cooker, wash grill pan, check the property and grounds for litter/mess, check the toilets are left in a clean state. All rubbish should be placed in the black bin.
- Any problem or complaint a guest may have regarding their stay should be reported directly to the owners who will endeavour to put matters right.
- The owners reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice.
Please confirm you agree to the terms and conditions before making a booking.